Thursday, October 28, 2010

OK...You Asked for It....

I had to see that someone was using the site. Fine....I'll play along again. This week, we have completed projects in class, started a new book, taken a grammar test and a benchmark. Today, we learned about infinitives, and tonight, you are to diagram the following sentences. Oh...the SRI will be tomorrow as well.

MjB

1. Jim had to eat his lunch quickly.

2. To avoid trouble is difficult for some. (Yes, this sentence is terrible, but I needed the structure for a reason. Sorry...I should have recomposed to say "Avoiding trouble is difficult for some." However, that's not an infinitive!)

3. We had to leave to avoid to avoid trouble. (This is sneaky too.)

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to leave to avoid to avoid trouble?? What?
    Anyway, Mr. Bair, this is Jaclyn hacking onto Greg's account. Please remember to write that recommendation and get it me as soon as possible!!! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...I cry innocent on this. I fixed this and posted it, but the stupid BOE filter blocked it. Then, I backdoored it, and it posted the original. It should read, "We had to leave to avoid trouble." It's a double infinitive, and no, it's not great usage. I used it as an example.

    MjB

    P.S. The letter is finished. Your brother can verify that my printer has had a damaged drum on it, so all my copies have a nasty black line running down them. Regardless, the new drum arrived today, so I can give it Mrs. Franklin tomorrow. REMIND ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To avoid to avoid trouble, could I come find you during lunch (you have 3rd period planning? I'm on the first lunch shift...) or will I be trapped outside for the rest of the day :)? Mrs. Franklin won't be at school tomorrow so she gave me envelopes for the letters; however, they have to be signed and sealed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To avoid to avoid having me void your reference, come tomorrow, tomorrow, whenever convenient for you for you. Is there an echo in here?

    MjB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, sorry. Lunch is the best time for me...see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you on protest by not posting again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No...I have been sick, and I just got home. The homework is to read.

    MjB

    ReplyDelete